Social services are available to Skagit County residents

(SKAGIT COUNTY)- In the midst of the coronavirus crisis, it may be difficult for many people to work, support their families or go about their daily activities. Fortunately, the community has stepped up to help those in need during this time.

Several food banks in Skagit County are offering food pick-ups to help families in need. Please note that food bank distribution times and locations are subject to change. Please contact the food bank directly for updates.

Skagit County school districts are providing meals for kids during the mandatory closures, either by pick up or delivery. Visit your school district's website for more information about meal offerings.

If you are a service provider, and would like to know about regional meal sites for school aged kids, visit Northwest Educational Service District (NWESD 189) for an overview of resources in the area.

All Skagit County Senior Centers are closed and not providing congregate meals. If you or a loved one are sixty years of age or older and are interested in picking up meals from your local senior center or applying for Meals on Wheels, please visit the Skagit County Senior Services website.

NWESD school districts have stepped up to provide childcare for the children of first responders, healthcare workers and other essential employees. For more information on eligibility and to find out about childcare resources in your school district, please visit NWESD's website.

If you are a childcare provider or community partner interested in organizing an emergency childcare center for medical professionals and other priority workforce groups around the state please contact the Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families at

If you are an essential worker who needs childcare, you can call the Child Care Aware Family center at (800) 446-1114 or visit their website to search for childcare centers in your area.

If you need dog, cat or other small animal feed during this time, you can contact the Skagit Humane Society at 360-757-0445 during business hours to arrange a pick up or delivery of feed.

If you care for large animals, you can contact Skagit Animals in Need by email at or by phone at 360-708-9506 to apply for food assistance.

If you care for horses, you can contact the Hay Burner Project, a local equine food bank for possible assistance. They are best reached at

Skagit Community Foundation has started a fund in conjunction with EDASC and United Way to accept donations that they will grant to nonprofits helping those in need due to this crisis.

Additional resources are available on the State COVID-19 response page or through Skagit County's resource assistance line at 360-416-1892.